"Prevention is the key"
AHA CPR Course Features
High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
AHA Heartsaver® Courses
Heartsaver courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (for example, OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. For many Heartsaver courses, students receive a course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
AHA Family & Friends CPR
The Family & Friends CPR Course teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only CPR, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR and relief of choking in an adult, child or infant. Skills are taught in a dynamic group environment by using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides students with the most hands-on CPR practice time possible. This course is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a course completion card in CPR for their job. This course is ideal for schools and students, new parents, grandparents, babysitters and others interested in learning how to save a life.
American Heart Association Disclaimer
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
AHA BLS for health care providers
On completion of this
training, the participant
should be able to:
1. Complete the cognitive Healthcare Provider exam with a sore of 84% or greater or perform the Heart saver skills exam.
2. Perform the following life-saving activities Demonstrate adult, child, and infant CPR/Heart saver can be done for adult, child, infant or all 3
3. Perform bag-mask ventilation for adult, child and infant (Health Care Provider Course)
4. Demonstrate adult, child and infant rescuer CPR (Health Care Provider Course)
American Red Cross certification also available